So, the countdown to your wedding has already started and you want to look pretty and fit by the D-Day. No need to freak out if you are left with fewer days. We have a plan for you – the bride to be! Just follow this to have a perfectly toned, wedding-ready body.
This workout is designed to fit into the tightest of schedules as it will hardly take 10 minutes to finish a session. So, no matter however busy you are, just take out 10 minutes to treat yourself to these sessions.
- This is a special exercise routine and is known as circuit training in the fitness world.
- Start off with the first exercise and perform all the exercises in this list with minimal rest in between, this will mark the end of the first circuit.
- If you think you have more time/energy to spare, then get down and slay another circuit.
Plank is a static abdominal exercise. Don’t be deceived by its simplicity, it’s not only challenging but really effective too. Also known as the front hold, this exercise targets a lot of muscles and primarily targets Abs (rectus abdominis) and spinal erectors.
REQUIREMENTS: Gym mat (optional).
- Spread the mat on the floor or find an even surface (like a grass bed).
- Place your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart, almost as if you were about to do a push-up.
- Extend your legs and plant your toes firmly on the floor in such a way that your legs, back and your neck form a straight line.
- Hold this position firmly for about 30 seconds. Gradually progress to higher intervals.
2. Dumbbell front raise
This exercise targets your shoulders and can be used to define them shoulders. Apart from toned and better looking shoulders you gain functional strength too which will help you lift heavier objects with ease.
GET STARTED: 1. Stand with an erect torso. Hold the dumbbells on the front of your thighs at arm’s length. Your palms will be facing your things. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise the dumbbells, with a slight bend at the elbow until both the arms are parallel to the floor. Make sure your body is completely straight at this point.
- Pause for a second and now slowly bring the dumbbells down back to the starting point.
- Repeat until 12 repetitions are completed.
- Once you get comfortable with this weight, increase it.
Squats are also known as the king of lower body exercises as it targets a lot of muscle groups simultaneously. Squats will help you lose weight tone your abs, legs and butt. Also, doing squats boosts your circulation and increases mobility.
- Stand straight with placed feet shoulder width apart and your arms out stretched.
- Lower your body by bending your knees to a 90-degree angle.
- Wait for a second before slowly raising your body back to the starting position.
- Perform 12 repetitions.
If you would ask me about that one exercise which will tone your entire upper body, then I would tell you about pushups. Pushups not only helps you to develop a strong chest but also tones your triceps, biceps, forearms and shoulder. One exercise to rule them all.
REQUIREMENTS: Gym Mat (optional).
- Get down on the ground and place your hands at a distance slightly wider than your shoulders. Make sure that your arms are straight.
- Plant your feet with some distance between them. Your body should look liken one giant straight line and you must look straight ahead. This is your starting position.
- Lower your body by bending your arms at the elbows until your body is parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a second and slowly hoist your body back to the starting position.
- Perform 12 repetitions.
Once you have performed all these exercises with minimal resting time in-between, take a 2-minute break. Then head back and do another lap. Gradually build up the number of laps you can do in a single session. Remember, the intensity increases with each passing circuit.
These exercises are simple yet effective and can be performed even in your home. Get started soon and reap the sweet results.
If you want more impact to your fitness, hiring a personal trainer and a diet consultant will definitely help. Indulging in crash dieting on your own is dangerous propositions that might leave you with bad health. A healthy diet will catalyze the whole toning process. You can use this calorie tracker to determine the number of calories to consume in order to achieve your goals.