Marriage is the holy union of two compatible. The mutual love, trust, belief is what keeps them together. But to balance out the negatives, there are positives too. Every marriage undoubtedly has its fair share of ups and downs. Instead of mending it, people these days are ending it. What they need to do is ignore the ‘D’ word and follow these 5 simple keys to a happy, long, successful marriage.
- Accept him the way he is: Worst mistake women do after getting married is try and change their men. You simply cannot mould a person into someone you want them to be. Never try to change him; instead, accept him with all the goods and the bads. Oh! those bad habits. According to a research, the worst habit men find in their women was nagging. Your nagging will irritate him and will build up anger and frustration.
2. Compliment him often: Compliment him often. Telling him that you love them is never going to go out of style. Your compliments give him a sense of approval and boost his confidence. So, what are you going to tell him next?
3. Never let the spark die: Who says you cannot go on dates after getting married? You sure can. Nowadays almost everyone goes out for work and hardly have time for their better half. This results in lack of communication, not having time for each other and no electricity between the two of you. Here, the answer is fixing one day of the week (or whatever floats your boat) as ‘Date Night’ and then you know what follows *wink*.
4. Listen to him: You need to be a good listener. Sometimes your partner doesn’t need advice or pity, all they need you to do is sit and listen to them rant and ramble about their mean boss or selfish friend. They will surely return the favor the next time you are in need of a good ear.
5. DO NOT take him for granted: Probably the worst toxin you can add to your marriage is taking them for granted. This will make them feel unwanted so appreciate them and never give them the feeling that they aren’t respected anymore.
So, what have you tried to keep the magic of your relationship alive? Share with us.